Guidance Counselor/ High School
This employee is responsible for planning and implementing the guidance program at his/her school. The objectives of the guidance program are outlined below and include services to students, staff, parents, and the community. Responsible for providing group and/or individual therapy to students as required by IEP.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and developing a school-based guidance program which provides direct services to students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Coordinating and supervising guidance activities/programs as well as guidance personnel working under the direction of the counselor.
- .Developing and providing services to students to assist them in
- Developing and providing developmental guidance programs for all students in the areas of self-awareness, interpersonal skills, education awareness, and career awareness.
- Serving a liaison function between parent and the community by facilitating appropriate agency referrals.
- Conducting informational programs/workshops for parents based on their needs (e.g., parenting skills, college financial aid).
- Consulting with faculty in order to assist them in developing effective classroom management techniques, providing relevant background information on students, interpreting academic test data, facilitating the appropriate educational placement of students, and recommending appropriate educational strategies for dealing with students with special needs.
- Assisting in the transference of relevant student information to appropriate community agencies.
- Facilitating student referrals to appropriate community agencies
- Participating in the evaluation process as it relates to guidance, related programs, SACS.
- Provide therapy and/or social skills training as required by IEP
Valid Florida educator's certificate
Pepin Academies is a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace
To learn more about Pepin Academies, please click Pepin Culture Book
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications